This opportunity is open to Ontario residents, over the age of 18 years who are members of the OBHF. Candidates should be self-motivated and professional. Candidates should ideally also have experience in one or more of the following areas: governance; events; marketing/communications; strategic planning; fundraising; human resources management; not-for-profit organization management.
Candidates with previous Board experience are preferred, however, individuals who meet some or all of the previous criteria are encouraged to apply.
Expectations of the successful candidate are:
· Serve the full two-year term.
· Minimum of 12 hours a month in Board duties.
· Attendance at 8 to 10 (approx.) Board conference calls/meetings during the year.
· Overseeing at least one OBHF event per year.
To apply, please submit:
· A cover letter explaining your experience and why you would like to apply for this position.
· A copy of your resumé
· A letter from your League supporting you as a candidate for this OBHF Board position
Please send this information to the Chair of the Nominating Committee, Lino Chioma at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:00 Monday, November 15, 2021. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. If you have any questions about any of the positions or the process, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that as per the OBHF Constitution, nominations for OBHF Board positions can also come from the floor by members present during the OBHF AGM taking place Saturday, November 20, 2021.