Ontario Ball Hockey Federation Appeal Application Form
The OBHF is the governing body of ball hockey in the province of Ontario and is a member in good standing with the Canadian Ball Hockey Association and the ISBHF. The OBHF reserves the right to dismiss appeal applications when it is deemed to be in the best interest of the sport and parties involved.
Appeal applications will NOT be accepted without the $100 written appeal with no hearing or $200 in person / teleconference appeal fee associated with the appeal. The one exception is that there will be no appeal fee if it is found that there was a misapplication of the rules in question.
The federation will review the incident and apply the correct rule associated with the infraction
with cost to the player / team in question.
****The appeal fees are not refundable; they are a service fee to cover costs associated with the appeal process****
Standing Issue & Grounds for Appeal
1. The suspension is in conflict with a league, provincial or national rule, regulation, by-law or policy.
2. The party making the decision committed a material procedural error, which may have had a material impact on the decision rendered.
3. There was a misapplication of the rule(s) in question – no fee associated with this appeal.
4. The suspension is too extreme and not aligned with the player’s actions or past history.
5. There are extenuating circumstances that need to be considered.
6. Other – please provide details